The invincible Thad!

When playing as a Shaper i went heavy on Battleshapeing for once, thinking that i might aswell give it a try. When i got to Harmony and got some training by the Shaper there i learned how to create Thad Shades, and i quickly realised how potent these creations could be.

In G1 and G2 the shades were simply slightly harder to hit and did less damage when attacking, but in G3 it seems that the chance of hitting a shade creation has really been lowered allot. I pumped my Shade up to Dex 20 and suddenly the chance of hitting it had dropped to 0% for every creation on Harmony. My Thad was now invincible. I continued to pump Dex up to max (30) and the biggest hit % that a creation on Dhonald's Isle could muster was 5%, which is not allot. True, the Shade did not do allot of damage, but does it matter if nothing can hit it? I never got a chance to have the Shade test it's mettle against a Rotgroth but i do not think that the hit % would be much diffrent then 5% there either.

I suggest that you all try it out and report back if the the Thad Shade can take on a Rotgroth, for as i see it the game was slightly broken when i could take on entire Dhonalds Isle with one creation without even giving the creation speed or blessing.

That's pretty cool. Next to the Minds, the Thahds are my favorite creations. I still have to get through GF1&2, but when I get to GF3, I'll keep your advice in mind.

Stughalf tells me that Thahds look different in GF3 than they do in the first two games. What do they look like now? I can't find out myself since I have Windows.

I think you will find that they are still susceptible to area effect attacks such as 'aura of flames' from Inferno Worms.

When I played through the first time I concentrated on Battle Shaping and decided it was a mistake. Sure Thahd Shades were neat but they couldn't really hack it against the tougher monsters. Also, you were all right for most things but some monsters were just impossible. This was mostly because battle shaping is all about melee attacks. Burning shrubs and inferno worms - you're toast; Submission turrets - you can't get close. Taking on a room of burning shrubs with Thahds and Alphas was the most difficult battle I faced in the entire game. When I tried it again with decent missle attacks it was dead easy.

Heck, if a Dex-pumped Thahd Shade can take out every melee enemy for me, I can probably figure out a Plan B to handle the shrubs and Inferno Worms. I'm gonna try a Shade with my struggling Guardian. I'd love to see it slowly pound through all Spharon's Runed Serviles. But it looks like I need higher Battle Shaping skill to make one?