G2 - Gazer Lvl 3

Huh?

You can learn two levels of Gazer from either the Barzite or the Taker trainers. You can't train more than two levels, no matter how many trainers you consult. But you can eat at least two Gazer canisters, regardless of affiliation; maybe it's actually three. Check the FAQ.

So you can certainly get Create Gazer 3 as a Barzite, and enjoy making Eyebeasts. Most people feel that one or at most two is enough, even if you have the essence for more; use your extra essence on plain ol' Gazers.

From the FAQ:

Quote:
Create Gazer: Burham (T)- Radiant College, Salgurdar (T)-Benerii-Uss Shaping, Zhass-Uss (Can), Benerii-Uss Entry (Can), Benerii-Uss Shaping (Can).

And that fails to mention the one in the Freakish Spawner's closet in Inner Gazak-Uss. So you could actually hit Create Gazer 6. Alas, that does not let you create a new kind of Eyebeast.

Eyebeasts are the SUVs of G2. You get them just to show off the fact that you have more essence than you know what to do with. Gazers, however, are death with a smirk.

Just consider how you react when you encounter a bunch of different rogues together. If one of them is a Gazer, you do everything you can to take it out first, because you know that if you don't, something on your side is probably going to die. No other enemy has that pucker factor.

Drayks are great if you're on an essence budget, but they're so Sucia Island. This year, everyone who can afford them is making Gazers.

Quote:

Just consider how you react when you encounter a bunch of different rogues together. If one of them is a Gazer, you do everything you can to take it out first, because you know that if you don't, something on your side is probably going to die.
I think this reasoning is flawed, for several reasons...

1. Rotgroths do the most damage to a single person. I take them out first. You can feel free to kill my creations and hurt me a bit, but if you wipe me out, game over...

2. Eyebeasts on Torment do a lot of damage, but eyebeasts which you make don't do that much damage to a particular target.

3. Eyebeasts cost a hell of a lot of essence. This isn't a problem for your opponent.

Yeah, Eyebeasts are only bad if you don't have tons of AP or stun resistance, which I and my creations usually do by the time I meet any. (Having said that, the G3 Eyebeasts have wicked dazing ability, high magic resistance, and a stronger melee attack, so I think they're a bit tougher than in G2. On the other hand, G3 doesn't have anything like the pack of five Eyebeasts that you get in Inner Gazak-Uss. And G3 Gazers have similar upgrades, so they still seem a better bargain than Eyebeasts.)

Gazers always pack a wallop. It's true that Rotghroths hit a bit harder, but they have to get to you first, so you can generally postpone their attacks by stepping around a bit. Gazers just have to see you, so as soon as you see them, you have to kill them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...