/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

Well, the first Geneforge you get most your stats raised considerably and the ending is pretty awesome in which you actually get the true benefit of the Geneforge.

The next two Geneforges are Drakon Geneforges that just kill you to use.

It doesn't bother me that you can't choose wether or not to use the geneforge in Geneforge 4. You have to see what it's like to be that outsider at some point. Besides, the game is called Geneforge, so it makes sense the plot revolves around using it, unlike in Geneforge 2 and 3.

I've been disappointed in the direction Jeff has been taking the geneforge itself. I'm not usually one to complain, but the geneforge should be something that grants impossible power, and is coveted. The drakon geneforges sucked, barely making them any better than they already were. And the rebel geneforge was the worst yet, being the equivalent of Tuldarics magic only weaker. Then there is the unused on in Northforge, which, while it's what I've come to expect of the drakons, it was sad to see the game's namesake in such a state.

If the Geneforge gave impossible power, then the Rebels would be unstoppable merely by possessing it. You don't want Rebels to win, do you, Tully? As it is, the Geneforge does exactly what the name implies: it forges your genes.

And don't play down the significance of the G4 Geneforge. Giving the ungifted the ability to Shape and perform magic is no small thing.

I agree, on first hand it's a bit dissapointing how small the bonuses are from using the Geneforge in GF4. However keep in mind that this is only a copy of the original (lets say, much more potent or powerfull) Geneforge in GF1.

Also, as SotD pointed out, the mere fact that the Geneforge is able to take any ordinary human and give them the power of using magic and shaping (something that takes years to develop) is quite remarkable.

Yes. Canisters are one-use only, while Geneforges can be used as often as one likes, barring periodic light maintenance. Canisters, apparently, also give more egomania-per-use than a Geneforge does. Serviles can't use canisters, either, though the reason the Servile PC can is unexplained. Probably because he used the Geneforge. Unskilled people also need different canisters, judging by Lankan's canister in G3.

I think he meant that they can be used more than once, but not nessesarily by the same person.

Strange that you can't use the Southforge geneforge more than once, yet you can go swimming in the one from Geneforge 1. You'd think that each one would only have so much power it can give you before your DNA is identical to the stuff in the pool. Of course, it makes sense that using two different geneforges would turn you to go, because that is twice the change, assuming that the two are not totally identicle.

I would have thought that using the Geneforge on one that already has the power to shape would increase its effectiveness exponentially. The drakon Geneforge was kinda wimpy(although if it made them to strong they could be impossible to kill.) If the drakons can use a Geneforge, could other creations have their own? Imagine a UR-EYEBEAST.

Originally by Questionmarks:

Quote:
how can you go swimming in the geneforge in GF1?

That means instant death right?

There is a journal that says after using it, it won't be able to do anything else to you, even if you swim in it.

Quote:
And i thought North and south Forge citadel had the same geneforges?

I thought the caravan took it there?

No, Northforge and Southforge are two separate geneforges.

Dikiyoba.

Ohh,okay,i get it now.

Man i wish i could have used the same geneforge from GF1...

And when you use it in GF1,is it still as painful in GF4?

and if canisters are like "disposable genforges"

does it hurt when you use them too?

I would think it would hurt,but not as much,they are similar,in a way.

and um...

I want a Rotdhizon rebellion sooo baaaadly. laugh

Destroy the drakons!