Dexterity vs. Missile Weapons

I am playing as a shaper. I like to increase my "chance to hit". What do you think is more skill points-wise to spend, dexterity or missile weapons skill?

Both of them increases "hit chance" but I don't know how many percent. I can see that missile weapons increases 5% chance to hit, but how about dexterity?

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Well, no, since Missile Weapons skill also increases the damage you do with missiles, which Dexterity doesn't do. Besides, if you're playing Geneforge 2 or 3, skill costs increase as you raise a skill, so it's even more important to build up your skills in a balanced way.
Dexerity does increase missile damage.

All depends of your playing-style. If you are a Shaper that send his creatures to combat and hide himself pimp the Dex: it helps to evade enemy's blows (+5% to hit, + Missiles damage too). Instead, if you combat with your creatures, choose missile weapons.

Remember that the Dex bonuses can be founded much easy than Missile Weapons bonuses.

Quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:
All depends of your playing-style. If you are a Shaper that send his creatures to combat and hide himself pimp the Dex: it helps to evade enemy's blows (+5% to hit, + Missiles damage too). Instead, if you combat with your creatures, choose missile weapons.

Remember that the Dex bonuses can be founded much easy than Missile Weapons bonuses.
The experince of fighting rats is no longer valid when fighting drakons and gazers. As a shaper, not only melee and missle stink, battle magic also sucks later in the game. As for chance to dodge, forget about it if you are playing on torment. The top monsters can always hit you even you put all your points into dex and luck.