move_to_new_town problem

Ephesos

Okay, I'm trying to use move_to_new_town at the end of a cutscene, and everything else in the particular state works. However, once it reaches...

move_to_new_town(4,12,22);

it stops working (i.e.: nothing happens). I'm using Mac OS X, with version 1.1.2 of BoA. Anybody know of a solution/workaround?

Groan... I was afraid of that. The call was in a state reached from START_STATE in a town. This will mean another plot alteration...

At least I'm finally fixing my scenario's ending. It'll be interesting to re-release it and see what people think of it... (and I finally fixed the dragon's name. Kalthras can't be warped by you people)

Quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Imban:
Can't you use a
Code:
 set_state_continue(STATE WITH MOVE TOWN CALL); 
?

I think that's acceptable under INIT_STATE and Cutscenes.
No. Even if you use set_state_continue or run_town_script or run_scenario_script to get out of an INIT_STATE, START_STATE, creature script, terrain script, or whatever, BoA still keeps track of where the sequence started, and if it started from anything but a blue rectange, it still dies the moment you use move_to_new_town.

Yep... tried it, and it didn't work unless I put it in the blue rectangle. In any case, the ending works better like that.

Kharprev. Doesn't sound like much of anything. Just opened to K in the disctionary and modified something.

Once I (try to) fix the bugs that keep appearing for Windows users, I should be able to release 2.0 of this scenario. And I've managed to avoid a few stupid things that I couldn't find alternatives to with the contest deadline on.