how to put costum grafics into the editer

UR-drakon

Quote:
Originally written by UR-drakon:
i need help i cant figure out how toput costum grafics into the editer and um maybe if somone has the time they could tell me ?
CORRECTION: I need help. I can't figure out how to put custom graphics in the editor and would appreciate it if someone would take the time to tell me.

First off, please learn to spell better. It disturbs me. Second off, Macintosh or Windows? For a Macintosh you will need to get ResEdit. You will open ResEdit and create a new file named (your scenario name).cmg The .cmg part is important. Then load all of the custom graphics you want, through the copy and paste method, into the .cmg file. They should all be renumbered, to the numbers which lie within the editor's documentation. If you are still confused, read the documentation carefully.

From the Blades of Avernum docs, Chapter 4.1 - Basics of Custom Graphics:

"Figure out what number your sheet will be. Save your image as a bitmap with file name 'G[number].BMP'. (Example: For sheet 539, save the file at 'G539.BMP').

Copy the bitmap into your scenario folder. You’re done."

You can see examples of this in every scenario released so far, including the ones that came with BoA.

You have to create a custom item/creature/terrain/floor in your <YourScenerioFilename>data.txt for it to actually show up in your editor.

Example:

begindefineterrain 430;

import = 225;

te_name = "Chair";

te_which_sheet = 519;

te_which_icon = 0;

te_ed_which_sheet = 510;

te_ed_which_icon = 0;

te_default_script = "chair";

te_swap_terrain = 225;

te_which_sheet is the number of your custom graphic file in your scenerio folder that starts with G<number>.bmp as described by Kelandon. te_ed_which_sheet is the icon that shows up in your editor bar, only applicable to floors and terrains.