Drugs are Hard, Mmmkay...

Wow. I have been working on making a script for an item that is a drug (like scribbane herb for example). It is a lot harder to do then I expected. I got the script down, the only problem is I realized that I have to make a state for the drug inside the scenario state, and make a state for the drug timer (how long it's been since the drug was last taken (but only if addicted)) in the Start State. I am almost done, but it's too much to handle in one night, my brain feels like it's going to explode. If anyone has any better suggestions on how to do a drug timer let me know. Also if anyone wants the script when it's done, let me know that too (with E-Mail adress).

If you think it could be applied generally, you can always post it in the Codex.

It seems like it wouldn't be too bad. Have the item use trigger a special that increments an SDF... after a certain value of that SDF, set another SDF... in the scen START_STATE, if the second SDF is set, increment a third SDF that acts as a timer and then do effects based on that timer....

Alternatively, you could have two SDF's. [Call them (0,0) and (0,1). (0,0) is your timer, while (0,1) is your addiction counter.] When you first take the drug, (0,1) get set to 3. Then (0,0) goes up 1 every step. When (0,0) == 15 (for example), you get warned about a drug craving, and when it reaches 20, (0,1) goes down by one (to 2), (0,0) gets reset to 0, and you get damaged, say, 5 points. If you take the drug, then you gain, say, 3 addiction points on (0,1). When (0,1) finnally gets down to 0, you are no longer addicted.

YAY!! I got mail, YAY!!!

Well, I finished it. Anyone interested in it just let me know, I refuse to put it up on a website though, because then anyone can get. I'd rather distribute it myself, that way people who I don't like have to make their own, or get it from someone else...

YAY!! I got mail, YAY!!!

EDIT: Oh and Kelandon, that involves way too many SDF's I would rather just set 1 variable for the timer, 1 variable for the drug counter, and 1 variable for whether or not your addicted.

hmmm...

Why?

The codex is kinda above the petty bickerings that we all have, it is an effort to make all the scenarios made better as a resource. If its not readily available then it hurts the community as a whole. Anyways it is your choice obviously. And I doubt that anyone will post it w/o your permission.