BoA Editor Remake - Info

JadeWolf

The main thing, at least at first, is that it will be written in much more readable, usable code. It will have palettes for floors, terrains, creatures, and items. It will eventually, after the first release, have a number of script editors, too, but that's far off yet.

I am told that the main coders on this project are all quite busy at the moment, so it will be a while before we see anything. I'd expect some results to happen this summer.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
I am told that the main coders on this project are all quite busy at the moment, so it will be a while before we see anything. I'd expect some results to happen this summer.
Notus and I are very busy at the moment, although I will be free to code in about two-three weeks. Isaac did not plan to be a main developer, and will most likely help more when the graphics code gets ported. If the original graphics code does not surprise me with any other examples of bad code, there should be an early alpha release by the beginning of summer. At this point it should be like the original editor (with a 3D view), but with a palette for picking creatures/items/terrains/floors. After this, I'll try to create a better porting utility so some more BoE scenarios can be ported, though this may not be possible. Also I will take a lot of time to comment my code, so others may become interested to lend a hand.

Just so it is known, I'll be pretty busy over the Summer with several projects, so progress may be a little slow. I am not aware of the other developers' plans for the summer, so this is mainly conjecture.

Any other questions/suggestions are welcome, and thanks to Kel for answering Jadewolf.

Quote:
Originally written by KernelKnowledge12:
Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Notus and I are very busy at the moment, although I will be free to code in about two-three weeks. Isaac did not plan to be a main developer, and will most likely help more when the graphics code gets ported. If the original graphics code does not surprise me with any other examples of bad code, there should be an early alpha release by the beginning of summer. At this point it should be like the original editor (with a 3D view), but with a palette for picking creatures/items/terrains/floors. After this, I'll try to create a better porting utility so some more BoE scenarios can be ported, though this may not be possible. Also I will take a lot of time to comment my code, so others may become interested to lend a hand.

Just so it is known, I'll be pretty busy over the Summer with several projects, so progress may be a little slow. I am not aware of the other developers' plans for the summer, so this is mainly conjecture.

Any other questions/suggestions are welcome, and thanks to Kel for answering Jadewolf.
how about the porting progress with xixao's trainers

Quote:
Originally written by KernelKnowledge12:
Isaac did not plan to be a main developer, and will most likely help more when the graphics code gets ported.
Actually I no longer have any plans to help any more (though that does not entirely rule out it occuring). I've become too much of a contributor to Battle for Wesnoth, and uninterested in BoA, to do much with its editor.

Kelandon: I appreciate your offer, as I have in fact, no web space. I need one week to get through finals, and then I'll be looking into creating at least a semi-finished product. The version I'm making is a mac version, but it's in Java, so porting it shouldn't be much trouble.