Louvre Updated

I hope I have everything submitted to me recently. If you sent me something in the last several weeks and you don't see it, please resubmit. My apologies. Read on if you want to know what's happening.

Two weeks ago my wife broke her ankle, requiring an operation. She's fine, but I'm doing double duty right now, so I'm a little swamped and foggy.

Add to that my father passed away last week. He's in a better place now, and had no hope for ever getting better, so that's a good thing.

Also, my home machine was choking on e-mail, so I switched to PSU's web-based e-mail system, and I'm pretty sure it ate some things. I never use it, but had to to keep up with my real job.

I wanted to let you know this because I'm receiving e-mails telling me I'm lazy and unprofessional in my Louvre updates. These are the reasons why someone might think so.

PS - After several long discussion with Clint Peters, I decided to place his submissions in the Color Edits and Misc. Images Download ZIP file. Clint did some interesting things with BoA graphics, but would never respond to my question - "Are these color edits, yes or no?" They look like color edits to me, so that's why I placed them where I did. My apologies to Clint if I've misrepresented him in any way. Given my mental fog of late, I just couldn't understand his paragraphs-long explanation of what he did with these graphics.

I am sorry for your bad karma and hope, the times change soon for you.

Nevertheless I dare to bother you (or somebody else, who could give me a hint) with a silly question about graphics formation. In Louvre you write that gif is preferred. When I change my jpgs to gifs, a lot of colours are spoiled. So I sent the graphics as jpgs. What are you doing with jpgs?

Is there a special trick to transfer a jpg into gif without loss? I work with Photoshop. Any advice is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally written by spy.there:
I am sorry for your bad karma and hope, the times change soon for you.

Nevertheless I dare to bother you (or somebody else, who could give me a hint) with a silly question about graphics formation. In Louvre you write that gif is preferred. When I change my jpgs to gifs, a lot of colours are spoiled. So I sent the graphics as jpgs. What are you doing with jpgs?
Is there a special trick to transfer a jpg into gif without loss? I work with Photoshop. Any advice is appreciated.
I will post jpgs, but as mentioned above, unless you save the jpg with no loss (100%) people will probably have some problems using them. Many graphic programs do allow you to set the level of compression on the jpg - if you have such a program, crank it up to 100%, which means no compression or loss.

SiM I have a problem. Since you posted this thread, I can't see the new graphics. When I sort them "date" and "descending" there should be the newest ones on top of the list. And there I find my Pudding. I know there were some Nephils last week and there should be new ones now, but they aren't there. 272 graphics it says. frown

I have run into the same difficulty. The entire "Updated" thing has confused me, before there were 281 graphics, now there are 272, (crappy ones might have been removed or coloredits might have been moved) but I still see no real change. I would have figured that there would be enough new graphics by now that a significant change would be obvious. (not sure how long you were inactive though)