Um - NPC help...

Guys,

I've been looking for a way to get certain npcs to join the party (if the party has a free slot). It's kinda like those people in A2 who join (Becca or something). My only problem is - I don't see it in the documents. Is this capability even in BoA?

Thanks,

- Archmagus Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Thralni, chicken god prophet:
yes, it can be done, you just didn't look closely enough in the docs. Look in "NPC's joining party calls."
Adobe claims npcs don't exist anywhere in either of the docs.

I'll redownlad the docs and see if they have it. Perhaps my verion got corrupted somehow.

- Archmagus Micael

I always had the impression that you could have a creature follow the party around, assist the party, even be considered part of the party - with one important difference - unlike in Nethergate, a fifth or sixth 'PC' cannot be improved.

Essentially, they are a monster that follows the party, nothing less, nothing more. To actually join the party, be considered part of it, be ressurectable, gain experience, etc. - I think that this is beyond the current engine.

If you have the patience to set all of the statistics and skills for a character through scripting calls, then it is completely possible to mimic the NPCs that become a controllable part of the party like in A1 and A2.

Similarly, there can still only be 4 party members, so a full party would have to give up a member to gain the NPC.