Royal seal A1

You can get it in the Shattered Fort, better known as Akhronath, which is past some lava in the far south of Avernum. It's in the large cave west of the Tower of Magi and east of Almaria. You'll need to heal Hathwisa for Patrick and get a certain key from the Castle before you can get the seal.

—Alorael, who thinks that just about covers everything except exactly how to go about the various tasks involved.

No, you just need Greymould Salve. There are a few bottles of the salve lying around (e.g. in the hidden research laboratory in the Slith Fort). You could also make some salve if you have found the recipe (near the Remote Lake south of Fort Draco).

There is a lot of fuss and confusion about greymould in A2. You just have to sort ot the truth yourself. Or you could read my description of Patrick\'s Tower

[EDIT: btw Miles is a sage in Formello and will teach you spells and sell the recipe for Strength Potion.]

Quote:
Originally written by Catweasle:
No, you just need Greymould Salve. There are a few bottles of the salve lying around (e.g. in the hidden research laboratory in the Slith Fort). You could also make some salve if you have found the recipe (near the Remote Lake south of Fort Draco).

There is a lot of fuss and confusion about greymould in A2. You just have to sort ot the truth yourself. Or you could read my description of Patrick\'s Tower

[EDIT: btw Miles is a sage in Formello and will teach you spells and sell the recipe for Strength Potion.]
Thanks a lot. I haven't played Avernum so much so excuse my stupidness ;>

And i wonder; how long have u guys played it? It seems like you know the game by heart ;D

and btw: what if I have sold the graymold salve?

There is nothing wrong in not knowing something. That does not make you stupid.

As I say in my walthrough

"I have been playing Spiderweb games for years. I started with Exile and went on to Avernum which I really enjoy. I have also played Nethergate which (except for the ending) I liked. I tried Geneforge but never really got on with it. Pehaps I am just to old fashioned – I like the old Dungeons and Dragons type of Games."

I learnt the games by playing them and making notes as I go along. When I get stuck I consult my notes then the Hints Book and if I still do not know, I look at the various published walkthroughs and hints.

If you have sold something you need, you can sometimes buy it back (only if the buyer did not have his list of goods full). Or you can cheat by using the Character Editor (for Greymould Salve "Add Tool"). Otherwise you have to find it some other way.

Quote:
Originally written by Shaken:
Thanks a lot. I haven't played Avernum so much so excuse my stupidness ;>

And i wonder; how long have u guys played it? It seems like you know the game by heart ;D

and btw: what if I have sold the graymold salve?
First, the only stupid thing would've been not to ask the question. I know this from experience.

Second, I've been playing each game in the Avernum series on and off since they were first released, though I only own the first two.

Third, if you sell your graymold salve, you can always buy, find, and/or make more of it.