Movement with the Num Pad (Avernum)

Enclave

I've started playing Avernum and I noticed that I cannot seem to move diagonally with the Num Pad. The 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys work fine for movement but the 1, 3, 7 and 9 don't seem to do a thing and instead I am forced to use the mouse for diagonal travel.

Is there a way for me to use the Num Pad completely for travel or am I forced to use the mouse for diagonal movement?

My main problem with this is that often when I click the mouse it registers 2 or sometimes even 3 moves while with the Num Pad I don't have this problem. I've already tried slowing down the speed the game plays at, it helped but wasn't a complete fix and obviously didn't help with diagonal movement using only the Num Pad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First things first, the Num Lock thing was the problem so I feel a right fool now.

Then onto the left click/right click thing. That I didn't know actually, however I can confirm that you can indeed move 1 single space with left clicking, I've done it plenty of times and even more times after I had lowered the game speed from Medium to the slowest option.