Bug? Zosima doesn't recognize what I've done.

I talked to the taker head and he said it was the takers who attacked the sholai but when I went back to talk to the sholai captain there was no dialog option indicating that I knew who the attacker was.

Also I have already cleared out the shaper tower in the crystal mine, I killed the two creatures on the top level of the tower,  but Zosima doesn't seem to know that; he's sending me back.

The mine shows as green on my movement map.

Am I missing something?

The first one, the Investigation, might be if you used leadership to skip needing two things to gain the Sholai trust to do the Canister Factory quest.

Not sure why you aren't getting the second one about the Lapidary Ruins clearing. Maybe cycle through the dialogue options to see if it is after another option.

I had to go back through and re-trigger the cockatrice fights (because somehow that was reenabled) for Zosima to take the turn in on one of my playthroughs. Maybe this is a bug worth reporting if others are seeing it. Given it didn't happen on my first playthrough, I assumed it was a random glitch vice a proper bug.

So I tried again and there are dialog options to show that I had cleared the tower and found out who attacked the Sholai.

But when I clicked on the dialog item for Yu Lu and the canister factory quest the captain said he needed to test me.

But then when I tried again he started talking to me about making an essence container so I guess things worked out.