Question about some skills.

I am currently playing A3 and had a few questions. I am around level 30 and my main warrior takes some pretty steep hits and often. Does defense or hardiness really do much to help? I have them at 10 and 7 respectively. Also, I am guessing just plain extra levels helps as well?

Also, does dexterity eventually give you a 2nd attack if you get it high enough?

Endurance sucks in every Spiderweb game. It's often worth buying a couple of cheap points later in the game, but (with the exception of Geneforge 4, in which its impact was ramped up) it has such a small impact on your HP, percentagewise, that it's rarely worth paying attention to; the fact that it is entirely dependent on PC level is just kicking a dead horse. The bonus to resistance stats has never been particularly noticeable or useful, either.

Quote:
Originally written by Yama:
Endurance sucks in every Spiderweb game. It's often worth buying a couple of cheap points later in the game, but (with the exception of Geneforge 4, in which its impact was ramped up) it has such a small impact on your HP, percentagewise, that it's rarely worth paying attention to; the fact that it is entirely dependent on PC level is just kicking a dead horse.
Actually, I'd say it's also one of the most useful stats for high-level parties in BoA. 20 or so more HP is certainly more worthwhile than another 5% to hit and one die of damage.

Endurance depends upon the Avernum game. In the early games you could reach a hit point cap so there wasn't any point in doing much. BoA has the potential of reaching higher levels and I think the cap was removed or moved higher.

Avernum 4 had some endurance since you could shrug off poison and acid damage with high resistance. Still I wouldn't go over the 8 (I think) that you needed to raise resistance.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is it's not a 40% chance to dodge, it's a +40% bonus to your chance to dodge -- which often starts out extremely low (read: negative) against stronger enemies. You need an awful lot of levels in dodge-enhancing skills to get a respectable chance of dodging.

I'm not one of the number-crunchers, but I don't think level has any direct impact on your chance to hit or be hit. That's entirely based on your skills and equipment.

—Alorael, who says go with Defense if you need it and accept that at higher levels you are going to be pounded by some enemies. The best defense is often a priest with plenty of energy.