Geneforge 2 Demo saves?

I tried to start my brand new and shiny geneforge 2 and I couldn't find my saves from the demo. I had them uploaded on the steam cloud and now I am in a different computer. 

Could this mean that my demo saves are now lost / overwritten as the new computer connected to the cloud and perhaps overwrote what was there? Or I could find them in the other computer? 

And are Demo saves compatible? Will I be able to continue? 

No idea about the first part of the question as I only save on the computer and not on Steam.  But yes, assuming that you can find them, the demo saves should work/restore to the full game now.

Do you still have access to the old computer? They might have saved there locally as well as out to Steam. If it was Windows it would be in Documents/Spiderweb Software/Genegorge (or something similar, once you're in the Documents folder it should be obvious where they are).  Start a new game on the new computer and then overwrite the new save folder with the same folder from the old computer. That 'should' have everything ready to go.

Good luck

29 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

No idea about the first part of the question as I only save on the computer and not on Steam.  But yes, assuming that you can find them, the demo saves should work/restore to the full game now.

Do you still have access to the old computer? They might have saved there locally as well as out to Steam. If it was Windows it would be in Documents/Spiderweb Software/Genegorge (or something similar, once you're in the Documents folder it should be obvious where they are).  Start a new game on the new computer and then overwrite the new save folder with the same folder from the old computer. That 'should' have everything ready to go.

Good luck

Yes, it is in my home. In fact this one is the "old computer" and the one at home with the demo is "the new computer". I will backup my saves in the other computer before I install the full game.