Quests ranked by difficulty?

Mah Al Ibara

The first time I played QW2, I wasn't interested in fighting, so I spammed the "mothersblessing" and "sutterstraining" cheats. The second and third times, I played in casual mode, and there the only challenging fight is the optional fight in the Dream Refuge. But now I'm playing in normal mode, and I find that I encounter quests that are beyond my current level. Has anyone tried to rank the quests by difficulty, with suggested levels for each quest? I'm at level 14, but I find that, for example, the catacombs part of the Shattered Ruin quest as well as the Fort Cariaris part of the Dhagan Raiders quest remain beyond me. I now wish I had taken notes about difficulty as I played from the beginning, but I honestly didn't think normal mode would be this difficult.

The order you do quests and current equipment makes a difference. Don't go alll the way through Low Dhaga, Kranas Woods, or High Litha, but instead rotate between them to get resources to improve forts and shops.

The two you mentioned are the harder parts of Low Dhaga because of specific monsters in each one. They come easier if you wait and do other things first.

6 hours ago, sails From lamplit havens said:

Might be worth taking a look at your party composition and battle strategies.  It might be the case that making just a few tweaks to how you're approaching it will make the combat much easier.

Thank you. I saw general advice to get all members up to support tier 3 for the 10% haste bonus, and since doing that I've found things have gotten easier. I always use a Low Dhaga fighter, a Kranas support character, and a High Litha magic user. I always find that my Dhagan fighter's health drops precipitously, and it's probably because I'm reluctant to put her in heavy armor. (I worry about the speed penalty.)

6 hours ago, Randomizer said:

The order you do quests and current equipment makes a difference. Don't go alll the way through Low Dhaga, Kranas Woods, or High Litha, but instead rotate between them to get resources to improve forts and shops.

The two you mentioned are the harder parts of Low Dhaga because of specific monsters in each one. They come easier if you wait and do other things first.

Yes! Thank you. I found this out through trial and error. The mine quests I find are fairly easy, while any quest where you're up against a hunkered down army of rebels requires a higher level. The typical pattern for me is that by the time I get to the last boss, I am out of energy and can only use basic attacks or whatever scrolls I have left. I go in, and if I find that by the time I'm through the first wave of defenders I'm really low on energy or have already lost a character, I just retreat and put it off till I've gained a couple more levels.

One thing I find amusing/distressing is that the last boss in these forts is usually portrayed as an insecure loser who knows he's going to die, but, if my level isn't high enough, that loser will easily kick my butt.😂

I've been able to compensate for speed penalties on armor without too much trouble. The speed cap is 65 anyway (of which haste contributes 40!), so it's not unreasonable to get to or near the cap even with heavy armor on. My setup for torment was one person in plate armor in the front, and everyone else in light armor or robes.

I think that torment multiplies damage taken *after* accounting for armor damage reduction, so even on torment, I've had the frontline character able to completely block weapon attacks with their armor.

Edited by Mechalibur

8 hours ago, Mechalibur said:

I've been able to compensate for speed penalties on armor without too much trouble. The speed cap is 65 anyway (of which haste contributes 40!), so it's not unreasonable to get to or near the cap even with heavy armor on. My setup for torment was one person in plate armor in the front, and everyone else in light armor or robes.

I think that torment multiplies damage taken *after* accounting for armor damage reduction, so even on torment, I've had the frontline character able to completely block weapon attacks with their armor.

Thank you! Is there some way to check your stats on speed etc.?