heelp i drank tooooooo much wine and ale a/3

Quote:
Originally written by hehehe savan yuri:
i drank 100 bottles of wine and ale in a3 and now i cant get sober please tell me how to become sober
I've done that before in a game :p . It was just to see how long it takes to get sober, though. Just rest or walk around outside.

I don't remember in what Avernum game, but there was one encounter where you got really drunk and had to fight some creatures.

I remember that the creatures were magically resistant, but the drunkness made my fighters inept...

Can anyone refresh my memory about this?

Actually, it might have been an Exile game with curses, I don't remember.

Quote:
Originally written by Keep:
I don't remember in what Avernum game, but there was one encounter where you got really drunk and had to fight some creatures.

I remember that the creatures were magically resistant, but the drunkness made my fighters inept...

Can anyone refresh my memory about this?

Actually, it might have been an Exile game with curses, I don't remember.
The Rakshasa in the town of Erox, NW part of Valorim.

Quote:
Originally written by RC:
I don't mind drinking a little alcohol now and then just because it's good for you...but otherwise I tend to stay away from it. Of course, in Avernum, it's always fun to get drunk right before a major battle and try to escape moderatly alive afterwards.
Actually people do think that having a glass of wine a day will help your body. And yes, it is really fun to get drunk after a fight!

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Speaking of intoxicating substanaces, I was tempted to get totally jacked up on skribbane right before going into the fight with Rentar-Ihrno, but something about that just didn't sit well with me. :p
Simple. You don't want your characters to be totally stoned when Empress Prazac has you teleported back to the throne room afterward. :p

Skribbane doesn't make you stoned, though. It's not like pot, which wouldn't give the steroid effect that skribbane does. Skribbane is more like speed or cocaine, or really, angel dust (PCP). It is a massive stimulant, probably with mild hallucinogenic properties -- note the blurry haze that many people in Gale are perpetually in. PCP or ecstasy are probably the two real-world analogies.

EDIT: Although, come to think of it, you wouldn't really want to be jacked up on angel dust when you talked with Prazac, either.