Augmentations in Exile 3

Thaluikhain

Was wondering, since the hint book doesn't seem to have if, if there is a list of the different augmentations you  can get for weapons in Exile 3, and if anyone actually uses them?

I know Farport has a smith that gives you a bonus (I guess +1), Sharimik has a smith gives them the limited number of flame shooting ones, and Lorelei has someone that can bless weapons, was wondering what else are around.  And if you could get someone that'd give you a bonus to a non-magic weapon that's better than just getting the magic version.  Also, not sure what blessings on weapons actually do.

I use the flaming weapon augment in Tevrono extensively.  (The extra-flame-damage-on-hit, not the use-charges-to-cast-Flame, which is terrible.)  Abusing Bless means accuracy isn't an issue, so the higher damage increase is as good as it gets.

Gale has a higher +, I want to say +3?

The blessing is worthless too, it just uses charges to cast Bless.

On 1/20/2023 at 3:32 PM, handle with air said:

I use the flaming weapon augment in Tevrono extensively.  (The extra-flame-damage-on-hit, not the use-charges-to-cast-Flame, which is terrible.)  Abusing Bless means accuracy isn't an issue, so the higher damage increase is as good as it gets.

Gale has a higher +, I want to say +3?

The blessing is worthless too, it just uses charges to cast Bless.

Hmmm, is the augment in Tevrono in that one destroyed building there?  Always get there late in the game and never seen it, maybe I'm too slow.

• 1 year later...

The one in Sharimik (Grove) and Lorelei (Divine Lucre Blades) are basically worthless - you can augment your weapon to cast Flame/Bless a limited number of times. Hardly worth spending thousands of Gold on - if it were limitless charges then I'd have understood - a way of casting Bless/Flame without using spell points.

The real utility of them is resale value: https://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/29017-exile-3-grove-money-hack/

The one in Tevrono (Tenuta) is actually useful - it mimics the Flaming Sword you can find in the Giants' Cave but it costs 10,000 Gold to augment per weapon. It causes lots of extra damage to any non-Fire immune opponent, kind of like having lots of levels of Assassination. The downside of it is that you cannot recover the value of the weapon by selling it as the value is the same as the cost to augment.