Nethergate Sequel?

This is something I've always wanted and I'm curious if Jeff has ever talked about making one. I remember reading in a Reddit AMA that he had an idea for a Nethergate sequel taking place in space, which I was intrigued by, but I never saw anything more than that.

Nethergate was my first introduction to Spiderweb games via a demo disc back in the day and I've played every single game since. I'll never forget the day I finally beat the Shareware Demon at that bridge. It will always be my favorite and I'm curious if there's even a tiny chance we might see a sequel or maybe another story in the same setting.

Jeff on Twitter on January 1, 2023:

One of these years, I might do a interface refresh of Nethergate: Resurrection so it runs on new machines and iPad. Maybe in 2023, if I get a spare 3 weeks or so I can use doing really annoying work.

Back while he was beta testing Nehtergate: Resurrection, I asked about another game using the same game engine and suggested a location that would be able to use the same graphics. He said no.

On 1/8/2023 at 3:04 PM, Randomizer said:

Back while he was beta testing Nehtergate: Resurrection, I asked about another game using the same game engine and suggested a location that would be able to use the same graphics. He said no.

So, um... 16 years ago?