Have you ever finish Avernum´s games in the hardest difficult?

Quote:
Originally written by *i:
In all seriousness, I just play with normal difficulty. I usually just don't have the patience to play on the higher ones.
Same. You see, the problem is that I only tried replaying on Torment after like twice through. Then, I'd just gotten bored (particularly with A3).

I always play the games on normal difficulty, because I can't enjoy the role-playing aspect of a game if I am too conserned with game mechanics. Once I get deep enough into game mechanics to play on highest difficulty, the game turns into a bunch of numbers, and I already have other games that are intended to be just a bunch of numbers.

Quote:
Originally written by Andraste:
Most people think that Avernum is easier. Well, it definently is.
So I noticed. Here's why I agree:

It took me about a year of playing E1 to even figure out what I was even supposed to be doing (thank goodness for the hint book), plus another couple of months to beat it on easy--and I had to cheat like you wouldn't believe to do it. Playing A1 on normal, I decimated the game in 2 or 3 week(end)s.

Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
The most challenging game in the Avernum Series to play on torment is BoA. We have TM to thank for that.
I'll take your word for it. I have a tough enough time on normal. (edit: I mean BoA.)

If you're the type of person to do every side-quest in the game, you need to play Torment to keep the later parts of the games interesting. The only trade-off is that you need to adjust your strategies at low levels.

--------------------

IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:

If I ever MUST put a digital timer on my doomsday device, I will buy one free from quantum mechanical anomalies. So many brands on the market keep perfectly good time while you're looking at them, but whenever you turn away for a couple minutes then turn back, you find that the countdown has progressed by only a few seconds.