Orb of Thraini A2

The Orb of Thraini is in Empire hands. You're looking for a place where the Empire has a lot of research going on, or are just trying to hide something.

If you've played A1, try looking where you found it before. If not, Go past Fort Remote.

Sorry if this is too cryptic. I don't like giving the answers right out. Thinking is a part of this game, after all. smile

Hallo Readhead,

I am also over 60 and have a bad memory. For that reason i wrote a

walkthrough for Avernum 1 .

frown [EDIT: sorry not only am I forgetful, I do not read the posts properly. I told you about the walkthrough for A1 and you asked about A2. My walkthrough for A2 has only reached the end of the Dark Waters!]

I do not quite understand where you are. Are you still in Kothtar?

There is only one portal here. It gets you out of the "Very Ancient Crypt" after killing some hraiths and vahnavoi. The portal brings you back near the Pillar Hall where there is only one way out: up to the Trapdoor Hall. This is probably where you mean.

There is a secrt door in the NE. Then go west and walk through a wall. There is a way through the maze of doors with only lock picking skill of 10. After that you come back to the Four Way Pit and it should be fairly easy to get out of Kothtar. You still need to be careful on the way back to Fort Remote because you could get ambushed by mutant giants.

The moral is save often and occasionally with a different name, so that you can go a bit further back.