Avadon 2: The Corruption, M1 MacBook display being cut off at bottom

SZ2015

Running the game (the direct downloaded game, not Steam or Mac App Store versions) v1.1 on my M1 MacBook Air, the entire bottom of the screen is being cut off a bit if playing in full screen. See screenshot below and note the bottom-right section that contains the copyright info box. This is running *any* of the provided display resolutions provided by the MacBook of:

1024 x 640

1280 x 800

1440 x 900 (default for display)

1680 x 1050.

Changing the display size within the game to any of the following options (provided in-game) does not correct the issue either:

1024 x 768

1152 x 720

1280 x 800

1440 x 900

1650 x 1050

2048 x 1280

2560 x 1600

The only way to run the game that will correct the bottom being cut off is to run in windowed mode that's set within the game.

Just thought I'd report the issue since other Spiderweb games may be doing the same thing on the new M1 MacBooks.

U7hGtwZ.png

Edited by SZ2015

• SZ2015 changed the title to Avadon 2: The Corruption, M1 MacBook display being cut off at bottom
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know anything about MacBook, I've never used it. But I know a solution when this problem appears in Windows. Maybe it can be a hint for you to do something like that on your Mac.

Solution for Windows (and it works generally for every game which may have the same issue) is this: Navigate to your game install folder, right click on the game executable file (*.exe). Now click on Properties → Compatibility → Change High DPI Settings → click check box at the bottom "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application". Press OK and enjoy. 😉

Note that if you use Steam version, doing this simply on the game's desktop icon, created by Steam during installation, doesn't work. You must actually navigate to your game install folder and perform this on the .exe file which launches the game.

Hope this is somehow useful for you.

Edited by Enthrone

On 4/25/2021 at 10:57 AM, Earth said:

what's native resolution of your monitor?

1440 x 900 is the default for the display. The actual LCD panel resolution is 2560 x 1600 with the highest allowable (for this Macbook) scaled resolution of 1680 x 1050.

• 1 year later...