Avernum 1 - How to keep a neat journal?

In tracking quests and other interesting bits of the story with my journal, I see after I delete entries blank pages between remaining entries. So, every time I save a new entry, it's sandwiched between older entries, which makes it harder to find what I'm looking for. Is there any way to consolidate or organize entries so there are no blank pages in between? If there's a simple key combo to do this and it's printed in bold letters in the game manual, I apologize for being blind ;) Thanks for the help!

It's been a looooong time since I've played A1, but I don't think so. I have vague memories of wondering the same thing way back when & discovering the same thing in later games.

Shrug - I understand your frustration as my OCD tendencies want things neat & clean too.  However I also understand Jeff, being the sole programmer for the game, not being too concerned with something that works as is (the journal) & not spending his limited time/wanting to get the game to market making an, in the grand scheme of the game, relatively insignificant part of it slightly better.

One workaround that I've developed over the years/games is that rather than taking journal notes on everything, say for instance you run across a L3 spell that you can't learn yet, I keep a tab here open to that game's 'Strategy Central' as the people here have notes/suggestions on most everything.  Later on, once my spell level/arcane lore is enough, I'll check the L3 spell list/location to remind me that 'oh yeah, I need to dig around in Erika's library to learn that...'

Regardless, enjoy the game, it's a good one.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies.

@TriRodent... I think I have a bit of the OCD thing too. No problem, though. I'm really liking the game anyway and appreciate the work that went into it in every way. Thanks for the workaround tip.

@ Minion... As a matter of fact, I do keep handwritten notes, probably more than I use the journal. It's all part of the old school appeal. I also remember those blank pages at the end of older game manuals, and I still have several of those game manuals, though my OCD prevented me from ever 'defacing' the actual game manual by writing in it ;p