Avernum 3 v1.0.1 Released

We released Avernum 3 v1.0.1 for Mac and Windows. You can download the update from wherever you purchased the original game.

• Rewards for killing a creature will now be awarded correctly when you kill it the round you encounter it.
    • The achievement for getting five level 3 mage spells will now award correctly.
    • The Elhioc fight is a bit easier.
    • Ward of Thoughts will work correctly now.
    • The Demo will now always warn you when you try to go to the surface (which is not in the demo).
    • Your mental spells (like Daze and Charm) will now be more effective against high-level enemies.
    • High-level enemies have less resistance to physical attacks.
    • Lizards were taking too much damage in combat.
    • If you go downstairs in the Troglo Temple and can’t kill Elhioc, you can leave the castle and return later.
    • Windows users will now get the Home achievement correctly. If you didn’t get it already, you need to trigger the end cutscene again.
    • A host of tiny fixes and corrected typos.

We are accumulating bug reports for v1.0.2, which should be out in early March. If you have a bug report, the best way to make sure we see it quickly is to email it to support@spiderwebsoftware.com.

Hello,

5 hours ago, Hanto said:

Need an exact link to updated Avernum RW, HumbleBumble makes no sense but I have a receipt # and will gladly trade it for .v1.0.1

from http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avernum/avernum3/support.html : To update the full version, go to where you dowloaded it from, download the new version, and install it :-)

I haven' t seen this written anywhere, but playing on mac os X and attacking with an archer, using adrenaline rush battle discepline, the second or third round doesn' t actually hit or effect an enemy at all whatsoever, when firing fast missiles; what i mean is that i attack with the archer, fire rather fast, and only 2 out of 3 missiles hit, miss hit, or interact with the enemy. When firing slower this bug is not there;

On 2/22/2018 at 11:15 PM, pebble said:

I haven' t seen this written anywhere, but playing on mac os X and attacking with an archer, using adrenaline rush battle discepline, the second or third round doesn' t actually hit or effect an enemy at all whatsoever, when firing fast missiles; what i mean is that i attack with the archer, fire rather fast, and only 2 out of 3 missiles hit, miss hit, or interact with the enemy. When firing slower this bug is not there;

I got this same exact bug very consistently. It happens in any case where an archer can attack more than once. Having 10ap, using Snipe, getting haste proc while hasted, adrenaline rush (as you stated), battle frenzy, etc. Clicking fast, the first attack always does nothing, despite the arrow coming out and the ap being used up.

I also put it into a bug report and emailed it to the support email.

This happens in any case where any character can take multiple manually triggered actions in swift succession, including out of battle: if you do them fast enough in terms of real time, one can "get lost".  This bug has been around for many, many games, perhaps as far back as Geneforge 1.