The Notes

Tonweya

Just a passing comment.....

You have a Scenario listed above as, "The Missing Notes".

It didn't ring a bell with me, so I checked my "Scenarios" file and see none by that name.

Therefore, I presume your listing is for Aaron Waddington's, "The Stolen Notes".

Is this so, or have I misunderstood?

I question the name as, "The Stolen Notes" is the title on the opening page of the work by A. W.

As to it being "Untried", If anyone's interested, I have what I call a "Packaged" form of it, which means: The Author's files, My Detailed Walk Through and *.bmp pictures of the important areas.

As above, just passing through.

Time out.

This "Package" is the same type Walk Through & *.bmp pics I've sent to Gizmo in the past for other Scenarios. I have simply added the detailed Walk Through and *.bmp pictures to the files included by the original Author and named it, "Scenario Name-Pkg.zip" on my Machine. I have done several of them so far, but they are not new, or found, Scenarios.

As a "Package", it simply contains all the components, rather than their being in several sections at different locations.

Certainly the Community is welcome to them. That was my intent and purpose; preservation of Scenarios, as initially stated many months ago. I even include a "Disclaimer" paragraph in the Walk Through.

But in the past, no one but Gizmo had shown any interest. Even at that, she indicated that this style was pretty large for an individual to host on a site as they have to pay for the volume used. Numerous *.bmp pictures can really eat up storage space. After all, it is a "voluntary" thing when a person "Rents" space to put up a Web Page.

Again, I'm simply trying to "Document" Scenarios for posterity, (and present). Even if an Author leaves the Community, their work will be preserved.

A good example was when I ran into a problem with the Scenario, "Rubacus". The Author, Leon Lin, is no longer around and I got no responses to a couple of questions I had. Thankfully, Drakey had a "link" to Leon's location and, graciously, Leon answered me PLUS he sent along the password to the Scenario, so any of you who know how to "Read" a Scenario, now may do so.

My original point was that I think you have posted an incorrect name to the noted Scenario. You've posted it as, "The Missing Notes", whereas it should(?) be, "The Stolen Notes", as indicated on the Scenario Title Page when loaded into the "Bladscen" folder.

I've taken up much more space, (again), than I wanted to, so I'll stop after this.

Just a last note that I'll see what I have and post a list here and at the Lyceum. From there on, they're for whoever wants them. However, individual mailings are MUCH less efficient than posting them somewhere. If anyone has a "somewhere" available, let me know.

Tx,

me

Quote:
Originally written by Ahbleza:
Just a passing comment.....
You have a Scenario listed above as, "The Missing Notes".
It didn't ring a bell with me, so I checked my "Scenarios" file and see none by that name.
Therefore, I presume your listing is for Aaron Waddington's, "The Stolen Notes".
Is this so, or have I misunderstood?
I question the name as, "The Stolen Notes" is the title on the opening page of the work by A. W.
As to it being "Untried", If anyone's interested, I have what I call a "Packaged" form of it, which means: The Author's files, My Detailed Walk Through and *.bmp pictures of the important areas.
As above, just passing through.
It's on the Spidweb site as "The Missing Notes," but the readme just titles it "The Notes." I'm leaving it as is for now until it is ranked.

The largness of the package is no longer an issue. I upgraded the website so I could host the graphics archive and have 400MB to spare. I was just using their free package which is only 15MB total. Now that I am renting the space I'd rather fill it up then let it go to waste. I welcome it with open arms as always. When I'm done putting up the graphics pages(should be done tomorrow) I'll start putting up your previous packages as well.