Is there a traitor In Avadon that we players don't know?

Superba

I have this doubt.

During the first mission that leads us to Fort Foresight, the party runs into bandits that have a portrait of the main character, Eye Etsu then asks me what I want to do with it. Ok.

1) What is the point in the context of the story, that there is this choice?

I have tried both to choose the option to report the incident directly to Redbeard and the option to keep it private, but I do not think that there are consequences.

2) And here is the most important point: who is the traitor who drew the picture?

No one who does not live in Avadon yet knows my face well enough to portray it, and there does not seem to be in Avadon known traitors who take the side of the rebels.

Perhaps the only one in the game who has reasonable and sufficient opportunities is the courier Scout with which the game is started.

Does it make sense?

I have this doubt.

During the first mission that leads us to Fort Foresight, the party runs into bandits that have a portrait of the main character, Eye Etsu then asks me what I want to do with it. Ok.

1) What is the point in the context of the story, that there is this choice?

I have tried both to choose the option to report the incident directly to Redbeard and the option to keep it private, but I do not think that there are consequences.

The Avadon games have quite a few choices like this one that don't mean anything, just to provide roleplaying options for the player. In fact, there's a comment in the script for this choice that pretty much says exactly that.

2) And here is the most important point: who is the traitor who drew the picture?

No one who does not live in Avadon yet knows my face well enough to portray it, and there does not seem to be in Avadon known traitors who take the side of the rebels.

Perhaps the only one in the game who has reasonable and sufficient opportunities is the courier Scout with which the game is started.

Does it make sense?

It's pretty clear that whatever their disagreements about Avadon, the scout likes the main character personally; I doubt they'd put the MC's life in danger more than they absolutely had to. Maybe it was just some random rebel with a photographic memory.

I personally read that incident with the portrait as being linked to Envoy Jaime's quest, because I've always been on his quest when I first visit the Tawon. It honestly didn't occur to me that it might not be linked somehow. I don't know for sure either way.

If it turns out not to be linked to the Raptors' quest for Gryfyn, though, there is the possibility Lilith brought up. The MC's trainer does mention later in the game that they had been talking with rebel scouts. Given that, it's possible that either they mentioned the MC's description innocently and someone from one of the factions thought it'd be a good idea to off the MC, or that a party of rebel scouts spotted the MC after the first run-in with Ghorus, assumed he hadn't finished his job and decided to hire someone else for that job instead. (Incidentally, this would also help explain Konstina's reluctance to pay Ghorus what he considered his due.)