Lawcarver Ain quest question [spoilers]

springacres

Does placing the Watching Stone have any impact on your standing with the rebels?

I waited till after joining Konstina's rebellion to try to complete it, so I wouldn't have to kill everyone in the Blackwood rebel encampment, but they're still hostile whenever I approach. They don't even try to parley. They're brigands, so they may or may not be working with Konstina, but I still don't want to lower my standing and give Konstina any more reasons to distrust me.

Already done both of those; I was just wondering if the Blackwood encampment was allied with Konstina. Sounds like not.

(...which doesn't make my blademaster's decision any easier. Slay brigands who also happen to be potential allies and risk word getting out to Konstina, or go back on his word to Ain and risk looking like a coward at best...)

Good point. I think it's because on some level my character believes in respecting the traditions of other cultures even if you happen to be at war with them.

Edit: I didn't see a way to cancel the quest, so I ended up completing it. To be fair, this character had started the quest before he was 100% sure about joining the rebellion, and he only found out it was in a rebel encampment after he actually tried it. And the brigands did attack him on sight, without even giving him the chance to explain he was working with Konstina.

Edited by springacres