Day System in Spiderweb Games

Vexivero

Do days have an effect in any Spiderweb games besides Avernum 3? I noticed a few of the later Geneforge games recorded how many "days" your character was on the island, but it didn't seem to do anything. I just beat VoDT and am going to do the other official scenarios; do days affect those in any way? Also, what about Avernum 4-6? I played Avernum 4 a long time ago but don't remember what it was like, and will probably play the second trilogy sometime in 2014. Thanks for any answers.

—Vexivero, who wishes real life had a days editor. That would be extremely helpful. I guess it would be called a time machine, though.

As far as I know, only one example of a time limit for a quest was used in the most recent games, being in Avadon 2:

That's not the same. There are various quests that must be done in a particular order or before leaving a zone or something like that — I think some of the companion quests in Avadon 2 count as failed if you don't do them before you complete some other quest — but that's not an effect of days as the OP described it.

Nethergate: Resurrection has graphics that change from day to night and (apparently) abilities that recharge once every such cycle, but other than that, I haven't seen anything comparable. Avadon 2 does mention it in the text when you first enter certain regions, and renting a room in the Slippery Seacow brings up a text box that says "you rest for several hours" or something similar, but I doubt that's what you're thinking of.

Yeah, I was thinking like in Avernum 3, where if you don't beat the plagues by a certain day towns will start getting destroyed and certain quests and people will become obsolete. Thanks for the help.

Vexivero, who is having a lot of fun right now. Ah, the simple things are life's greatest pleasures.