Game Window too small

Kordanor

Heya,

when I start the game (Avadon/Avernum) in fullscreen everything is fine.

But when I select the windowed mode and select the same resoltion (1920x1080) the game window shrinks a bit. When frapsing it, the final video has a resolution of only 1816x1000.

So I'd like to know if there is any way to use the full screen in windowed mode. Ideally even without the windows bar with the X on top right.

Well, if there are additional options in the new Avadon game then nevermind, but I guess it has the same settings.

So I'd like to know if there is any way to use the full screen in windowed mode. Ideally even without the windows bar with the X on top right.

At that point, it's no longer windowed mode. I'm confused. Windowed mode does not take up the whole screen by design. If you want it to take up the whole screen, that's what full screen mode is for...

Well, in other current games (World of Warcraft/ Civilization 5 to name just two) you normally have the following options:

Windowed

Fullscreen(windowed)

Fullscreen

We arrived in an age where lots of players use two screens. And while you use your main screen for playing, you can comfortably use the second screen for something else - like checking mails, forums or whatnot.

This however does not work in Fullscreen. Because each time you click on the other screen, the task is minimized and windows has to load. If you click on it again, it is reopened, and windows loads once again.

Windows is allocating basically all its ressources to the task in fullscreen and reduces the process power of the background tasks.

That's a completely different story in windowed mode (both Fullscreen(windowed) and Fullscreen). The process power assigned to these tasks stays the same, even if you switch to another task. For dual screen users that makes it easy to switch to another screen.

But in most windowed mode games you either set the resolution of your window beforehand - or you can dynamically resize it.

In Spiderweb games you can do none of it. It leaves 50 pixels to the left, and 50 to the right, 40 on the top and 40 on the bottom. That's not helpful for anything.

So my question is, whether there is an option to "fix" that. Maybe setting the resolution in a ini file or something like that.

There are several utilities designed to "trick" DirectX into thinking it's running fullscreen when in fact it's just a window, you might want to look at these and see if any of them will do a fullscreen window. Look around in threads about people trying to get the geneforges or early avernums in windowed mode.

• 2 weeks later...