A:EftP - Best for avernum

I just killed pyrog and all of its giants, i dont like killing drakes i feel kind of bad, so i was wondering if killing him gives a better ending for the game. Is there a better way to get pyros paper without killing him?

I really dont like aiding the empire, i do plan on killing thantria, but if i help her and then i kill her at the last would the items i gave her return to me? Will that produce a bad ending?

Same goes for kyass, i think hes not so bad for avernum rulership, but is it good for avernum?

The only way to get the key is to kill Pyrog. Without it you can't get passed the door to get the papers or the brooch. It doesn't change the Avernum ending except your ending if you don't kill him isn't so good.

Killing Thantria doesn't get items back. If you wait until after killing her boss and then inform her it is kind of funny.

Strangely the end doesn't change whatever you do to Kyass except how much loot and experience you get.

Considering Kyass is near the Empire staging area in Avernum 2, it will be interesting what happens in the remake.

Considering that Thantria wants you to assist Kyass and Kyass wants you to provide him with items that could be used to help Avernum, I don't think killing Kyass would be bad for Avernum.

But what do I know about helping Avernum? I just caused problems for Avernum by killing the emperor and releasing a powerful demon. Then I escaped with the Demonslayer because I'm an awful hero.

Considering that Thantria wants you to assist Kyass and Kyass wants you to provide him with items that could be used to help Avernum, I don't think killing Kyass would be bad for Avernum.

She probably just wants to prop potential rivals to Avernum to stir things a bit. Doesn't mean Kyass is a problem - he just might become one.

And anyway, "good for Avernum" can mean different things, depending if we mean Avernum the kingdom or Avernum the realm. Kyass is potentially problematic for the former and potentially positive for the latter.