Rebel ending

wackypanda

Sparing or killing Duke Gryfyn adds like one extra line of text either way -- it's mostly important to kill him on a loyalist playthrough, since it's one of the factors that determines whether you can become a Heart of Avadon at the end. I don't think what you do at Dhorl Stead makes a difference.

Random thoughts: the people telling you to overthrow Redbeard seem to be approaching from wildly different angles. On one hand you have the Tawon Empire and its lackeys, who would rather that the Pact not exist at all. If I were this type of rebel, becoming Keeper would be a prelude to welcoming the new Tawon overlords. On the other hand you have people like Miranda who tell you that Redbeard is too tyrannical to protect the people of the Pact (implying that Avadon is intended to serve this purpose and that you as Keeper can do it better). If I were this type of rebel I would show mercy where I can, while still maintaining the Stone Wall (which would mean killing the Duke, which the rebels keep telling you not to do). Or maybe I just want the big chair for myself, in which case it will not do to have any of these rebels hanging about. I find it interesting that there are so many possible reasons for overthrowing Redbeard, yet none of them would satisfy the rebels completely.

There are two main versions of you becoming Keeper. One is a Rebel that plans to destroy from within. The other is a new Redbeard that will rebuild and destroy the Rebels. The other decisions you've made up until this point give the remaining texts.

Personally I like to see how mad you can make Redbeard by telling him you know the answers and are withholding them. Then give in at the end to become a Heart.