Too much experience

Grimm

So I decide to get back into G5, and maybe finally beat it. I beat the first 4, but never actually got through the 5th. I start up a new game, blaze through "The Presence", and go meet Astoria. The thing is, I'm already level 17. I'm literally just passed the demo section. I thought it was odd. Looking back, I realized a lot of the stuff I killed gave me 40xp, even the worms and rats. So I decide to test it out. At level 17, I go gank some serviles and civilians in Minallah. 40xp, every one. They were all one hit kills.

As near as I can tell, my minimum experience gain is 40. On the one hand, I'd reach level 40 in no time. On the other, playing like this is just boring.

Being lvl 18 or so leaving the demo is absolutely normal, nothing odd. That's the way the exp system works, you get a ton of levels in the beginning and then it slows down. I also don't think that the 40xp per enemy is a bug, they simply have the same level and thus give the same exp.