A:EftP - Where to now?

Ok, I've done all the quests for Ft Avernum, Cotra, Ft Draco, Ft Dranlon, Silvar, and most of the ones for Formello. I have a few left that need stuff in the other caverns. Did all the little side quests there too.

So, where next? Should I head to the honeycomb and Mertis? Almyria? Or plunge like an idiot into the slith lands?

It depends on what level your characters are (and also the difficulty level you are playing at).

Mertis and the Undead Spiral are reasonable next steps, as are some of the easier Slith locations (the lower level of the island fort near Cotra is not bad). The Tower of Magi is another nice place to visit.

At level 26, your party should be able to handle most of the game. The sliths should be no problem for you. The undead spiral will probably feel fairly easy, but you should do it at some point because you do need something at the very end of it in order to complete one of the game winning quests.

Edit: That advice assumed a full sized party. I haven't played a singleton before, so I'm not sure what makes sense for you at that level.

Yep, go to the tower of magi and get some good spells, if you stole those dragon skin gloves in formello you can also get the dread curse removed, You should be able to do parts of spiral, I'm not sure how well a singleton will handle the sliths right now,with my two player party I had a lot of problems and often survived only due to the huge dexterity of my archer, but still you can try them.

I've done a singletom on torment so I'd advise sticking to standard advice to pick up quests in Mertis and head directly to the Tower of Magi using the Eastern Road. You want to get spells and access to the portal pylons to speed up your adventuring. Then go back or head into the Great Cave to the west for more easy quests.