iPad orientation - Upsidedown

I just bought Avernum: Escape from the Pit on my iPad 2. My iPad is in a case that includes a keyboard and allows the iPad to easily sit up "like a laptop" in landscape mode. The iPad fits pretty tightly in the case and removing it from the case in pretty inconvenient. Also, the iPad only goes into the case in one orientation (so as not to block the camera, and to ensure the power, volume and lock buttons are exposed). When I start Avernum, it starts upside down and there doesn't seem to be an option to rotate it (not to portrait, but to the "other" landscape orientation). This makes playing the game I just paid $9.99 for rather difficult. My only option seems to be to open the case so the keyboard is folded behind the iPad and hold it in my hand to play. This isn't a TERRIBLE option, but it's certainly not the most desirable of options.

Am I missing anything? Is there a way to re-orient the game so I can play with the iPad in it's "propped up" landscape position on a table top?