Level 35 - Really?

I have a general question for those of you who have a lot more knowledge/experience than I on games like this:

I've seen several posts on here where individuals state that they have their party to Level 35 (or higher). Really? I have completed all 3 end-games (pretty easily), killed every dragon I can find, did every quest in the game, etc., etc. and my party is BARELY at level 34. I don't know what else I could do to get to level 35. I wanted to get there to see what kind of points I could allocate, since I have not been given any additional allocation points since level 30. I was assuming that since it had been 5 levels since I was given points to allocate that I would be given a lot for each party member.

Thanks for your insight.

JP

35 is quite doable if you do a lot of outdoor fights, saving up your wisdom crystals for the end also helps as there experience does not scale down with level.

(and you don't get a lot for every party member at level 35, it's just like the normal level gain, without even traits.)

Well actually it has one big benefit:

it makes your total skill points go to a nice round number of 65 rather than 63, so if you're a mage or priest it may be where you put those last two points on those last two skills you were working on.

Thank you both for your responses. Will there be a sequel to this game where I will be able to start with my current characters, equipment, etc.?

There will be a sequel to the game entitled Avernum : Crystal Souls but you would be starting with a fresh set of characters, not your current ones.

Ah, thank you. So there is really no reason to continue playing "this" game. However, I would like to try on a higher level, as I played on Normal. Thanks again.

No problem! And if at any point the information you find on this forum somehow causes you to feel pessimistic about your dream character builds, give my guide a read, it might cheer you up :)