A:EftP - Meet the second dream team!

Hey, I'm playing the game a second time, this time with a fresh set of character builds I've never tried before, to help expand my guide beyond the general guidelines I've currently set up, and start recommending some builds!

Here's my current dreamteam:

1: Alastor the Fighter:

MGZMb.jpg

f6COT.jpg

ADCR6.jpg

Pure melee fighter, going with strength and endurance. I plan on getting the traits for strength, but not for endurance, and I plan on investing in pretty much all of the melee skills with this guy.

2: Ardolai the Archer:

SjrBE.jpg

NLA1p.jpg

72G4A.jpg

Pure archer, dex and endurance. Gonna see how sniper works out for a pure archer build, it didn't work very well with Lucille, but then, she rarely used her bow and had much better ways of inflicting debuffs.

(Continued next part due to image limit)

3: Denning the Summoner:

nNUy8.jpg

jlWwv.jpg

WjT7j.png

This guy is going intelligence and endurance, and he's going to max out both mage and priest spells, as well as the summoning focus perks. He's going to have access to every spell in the game, and I'm going to see how summon spells work out when really invested in on torment mode. Even if that's a failure, he'll still be quite powerful.

4: Elenaia the Green Mage:

DFwPM.jpg

dIHl6.jpg

KjT96.jpg

She's going to have 6 in priest spells and 13 in mage spells, enough to get all of the buff/debuff spells the game has to offer. She's going to specialize in blessings and curses, and I'm going to load all of the equipment that improves that onto her. She's also going to be the one to focus on tool use and have the 1 point in cave lore (trying out the rev's system). I'm excited about how she's gonna turn out :)

Quick update:

Looks like I was wise to reserve judgment on summoning until I actually tried it, because I'm actually finding it quite useful so far, especially summon shade, which is when they start getting area attacks at their disposal. I suspect I'll be revising my guide to say Summon spells are well worth buying, depends on how summons compare throughout the game from a character without the summoning focus traits, causing them to be 6 levels behind.

• 3 weeks later...

Party's doing quite well now. The shade isn't doing as much damage as it used to, but it's still an amazing tank. I really wish I could control it, but even so, it's really helpful. I'm eager to really start loading on the blessing/curse equipment bonuses and get haste 3 to see how Elenaia turns out. I'm also considering upping her priest spells investment to get dominate and return life, since the former is one of the few statuses I haven't made much use of, and the latter is always good to have two casters for.

I picked up the experience bonus traits from lvl 4 and 6 on one of my fighters and he is currently 3 levels higher than the rest of the party. Im still lvl 23, but I think that by the time I get to max level 30, he will be at least 4 or 5 levels higher than the other party. I think that that is a decent amount of bonuses if you count 4 or 5 levels. Thats a +1 strength, dexterity, intelligence, endurance bonus, plus 4 or 5 levels of health and maybe if I reach 35, an extra skill level of 2 points.

Basically, its not that powerful, but I just wanted to try that idea out as in your faq, it stated that those traits weren't that good. I don't think its a game changer, but still was far from useless. Thats all.

I picked up the experience bonus traits from lvl 4 and 6 on one of my fighters and he is currently 3 levels higher than the rest of the party. Im still lvl 23, but I think that by the time I get to max level 30, he will be at least 4 or 5 levels higher than the other party. I think that that is a decent amount of bonuses if you count 4 or 5 levels. Thats a +1 strength, dexterity, intelligence, endurance bonus, plus 4 or 5 levels of health and maybe if I reach 35, an extra skill level of 2 points.

Basically, its not that powerful, but I just wanted to try that idea out as in your faq, it stated that those traits weren't that good. I don't think its a game changer, but still was far from useless. Thats all.

Thanks for looking into that. I'll reconsider my assessment, though I'm really surprised the impact was that much.

max level is 63 but after lvl 30 character gets skillpoints every 5th level (trait points prolly stop in lvl 30 since I don'tt remember getting any between lvl 30 and 45).

Yup, I can confirm that you stop getting traits after level 30. The value of extra levels beyond 30 is just the automatic stat increases and the increased hit points and spell points. For offensive-oriented priests, though, those extra spell points can make a difference (especially in the Grah-Hoth and Hawthorne battles).