GF 1 - Splitting Exp amongst Party Members?

Okay, I almost beat this game before and now I'm starting anew and I came across a question I'd had before but now I realize I may have never found a satisfactory answer.

Does summoning(shaping) more creatures at one time cause you to gain less experience points per kill/quest/whatever?

Having more creatures seems to be better than having buffed up creatures (unless I'm epically mistaken) but if it means I'll be overall weaker in the long run then I think I'll stick to having 3 or so creatures at max.

Creations divert a small amount of experience away from the PC. However, since experience given for quests and kills is dependent on the PC's level, the experience taken by creations is almost made up for by earning more experience overall. So a PC who keeps a large pack of creations throughout the game ends up only a few levels behind a PC who goes solo the entire game.

Overall, having a few strong creations is probably better than having many weak ones. It's easier to keep a few strong creations alive than having to manage a bunch of weak creations, especially since G1 has a lot of zones that do environmental damage. Disposable creations (that is, not being particularly concerned about keeping creations alive or leveling them up) is a good strategy too.

Dikiyoba.

Higher tier creations. Improving creations with extra essence is generally a waste.

Dikiyoba.

:D I'd thought that myself, but it's good to hear someone else put forward the idea.

---

EDIT: OH! Just remembered, can't you summon a bunch of guys and have them all gang up on a single one of your creations to gain experience? (Only talking GF1, no idea if this would work elsewhere)

can't you summon a bunch of guys and have them all gang up on a single one of your creations to gain experience? (Only talking GF1, no idea if this would work elsewhere)

Yes and no. You can only gain experience if that creation killed has gone rogue. I never bothered to do that myself.

It is usually a better idea to use higer tier creations in late game, but this is least true in GF1. Since GF3, creations will have resistance, and higher tier ones will have a great advantage in that. Tier 4 and 5 have a large bonus in attack strength. But neither played a role in GF1.

---