Praise to a gaming legend!

Hi there,

I am a new member and wished to say hello from The Black country - ala Birmingham, England!

I have recently rediscovered Avernum through the epic and nostaglic re-release of the first game. I had many great memories of playing Spiderweb games when I was younger and its great to see Jeff is still successfully plying his trade with these unique and timeless games!

I have played games created by large teams and wish massive budgets such as Assassin's Creed, Fifa etc but Jeff's games always had an uncomparable charm, relying on an imaginative story and idea. To be honest after playing any of the Avernum games you realise how meaningless ultra-slick graphics can be if the game has no soul!

I also had memories of posting on this board, and out of curiosity I searched for old posts using the email address I just about remembered using all those years ago, and I must say I have had a huge laugh reading how the only Blades of Exile scenario I made turned out to be some sort of in-joke reference to the worst scenario imaginable! (I was called lost_king) I was probably 10 or 11 at the time I made it haha!

Good to have grown up since that episode clearly... but boy is it great to revisit your childhood playing Avernum: Escape From The Pit !!

Roll on the sequel ASAP!