Series into Books/movies?

Trenton.

My concern was the same as Sylae's. Let's go ahead and treat the Exile series as the source material and ignore the Avernum options.

(My first reaction was in favor of Geneforge 1, but further thought actually left me floundering for one that would actually work. They're already in the format they're suited for.)

I think the basic Exile idea could be a good movie, that is, banished to a cave. Obviously it would have to go through some significant plot changes to be movie-worthy (have to kill the evil empire in the end, learn from wise old man, bang hot female side character, etc)

Now, I think a Sci-Fi Exile would be cool.

Actually, Erika specifically points out that using magic in such a vain way is a foolish waste of power, and presumably stays away.

—Alorael, who is sure she would feel much more accepting towards use of magic to preserve life and vitality as Rone and Solberg do. But that's pretty obviously not very pretty.

Originally Posted By: Lord Dunsany, The Charwoman's Shadow
"... and you shall have the scroll and go to the wood and say to that magician, 'I am the grandson of him that taught you of the taking of boars nigh eighty years agone.'"

"But will he yet live?" asked Ramon.

"He were no magician else," replied his father.

And the boy sat silent then, regretting the thoughtlessness that his hasty words had revealed.