Race Specific Perks/Traits in Avernum 2 Remake

I know its very early to be discussing this but last time I spoke with Jeff, he told me he was determined to make spears more powerful due to sliths making an appearance in the 2nd game.

Now I really dont care if sliths overpower dualwielding as much as Id rather there being an actual reason to use spears in the game over sword/board and dualwielding.

Im more thinking of how jeff will handle traits and race statistics/bonuses. I know that the races will determine a few new things but I figured jeff would give a few small race-specific bonuses with the rest being the same as before.

However, regarding the bonuses that each race would have I thought humans should get dual wielding bonuses and a luck bonus (d and d humans?), slith get hardiness, poleweapons and small bonus to lethal blow, and nephils get a medium lethal blow bonus and bows.

If sliths get a bonus of hardiness and spears, there will be an actual reason to use them as sword and board wont overshine them. Add in lethal blow and you have a pretty viable build.

Does anyone else have any ideas on this, the anticipation of the next remake is really awesome!

I suspect races will work either like or via the trait system. You get some bonus traits that grow as you level, or you get race-specific traits at regular intervals. Humans would either need extra traits to balance it or there's be the usual experience penalty to make it all work.

—Alorael, who thinks this is a fine solution. It's likely to lead to the same problem of humans being strictly worse and one race being much better for all other purposes (or humans being strictly better except for niche purposes), but that's not really a game breaker.