You Really Need More Games Like This...

This game was gifted from a friend, and I got to give that person high marks. No Im serious, this game is a heck of a lot of fun.

I started up the game with no knowledge of where to go in the game and ended up outside the Castle at level 6. When I checked online what level you should be when there, I almost dropped. Is that supposed to happen that I can go anywhere in the game at any moment? Cause if so, that is awesome.

Originally Posted By: S M Adventurer
Yes, a lot of the games here are very non-linear, allowing you to travel where you want whenever you want. A word of caution however, it's pretty easy to run into fights with enemies that are too powerful for your current party level. In other words, have fun exploring, but be careful.

Thanks for tips! Yes Im a big fan of that but whats even cooler is that I can create my own party. That has got to be the coolest and most unique thing for a roleplaying game. This game-maker must be a pro.

Avernums 1-3 let you wander very freely. Avernum 4-6 and most of the Geneforges are a little more restrictive. All the Avernums let you create your own party, the Geneforges let you create your one character but then literally create, in-game, the creatures who will round out your party (with less customization of individual creatures, though), and Avadon is a little bit more restrictive.

—Alorael, who certainly hopes Jeff is a pro. He's been doing this professionally for almost 20 years now.

wonder freely also poses a bad gameplay experience sometimes. sence the game is based around lvls u can easily outlvl some areas just cause "you went somewhere else first".

i cleared formelo/fort draco zone before i head down to mertis, wich in turn felt unchalenging.

also Sss-Thss (or whats his name) was really underwhelming cause i cleared other areas before seaking him, so i outlvl that area by far.

this is one aspect i prefer on A6 over A1, every fight is going to be a "chalenge".

edit: maybe this is the result of "doing sidequests first, then main quests" mentality from previews games.

we could goto fight against nearly impossible to kill Sliths near and in Formello and also fight against damn hard to kill Sliths guarding that wall. Also few other quests couldn't be done until later like ghost in mine and somesorta ghost in that crypt near Castle and those tests weren't that easy either..