+ To Blessings / Curses?

Metal Slime

I believe it's actually not a chance, it's a definite effect -- but because the % bonuses are often small, and the durations of blessings and curses are also small, the bonus you get may be rounded down to zero until you stack a few % bonuses together, or cast a longer-lasting spell.

Interesting. At the moment I'm mostly curious for my solo running shadowwalker.

Would this apply to the 2 turns of battle frenzy I get when I'm struck? Or only actively cast spells?

If so, how much of a percentage boost in blessings / curses would I need to stack on in equipment to get a third turn? 50%? Seems *maybe* impossible? smile

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
I believe it's actually not a chance, it's a definite effect -- but because the % bonuses are often small, and the durations of blessings and curses are also small, the bonus you get may be rounded down to zero until you stack a few % bonuses together, or cast a longer-lasting spell.

I think there must be a random element involved, because I've seen the same buff have different durations when cast twice by the same caster.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
It could easily be both, couldn't it? I mean, when 90% of buffs don't even last more than 10 rounds in the first place, an item that gives 8% to buff duration doesn't make sense if there's no randomness involved in its effectiveness.

Let's remember that A4 introduced a host of equipment that reduced damage by 1% even though most damage for the better part of the game was not high enough to notice 1%.

Actually, that brings up a good point that the same random-granule activation system could be used for this, as you proposed long ago for damage blocking.

Anyway, it could certainly be both. However, it would be difficult to tell apart both being random, from just the initial duration being random, without a huge data set.

A:EFTP seems to have set durations for blessings, and they do not seem to become random with a blessing bonus of 25%, at least, from what I saw. That makes me suspicious that any randomness in Avadon is on the spell end, rather than the % end.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
A:EFTP seems to have set durations for blessings, and they do not seem to become random with a blessing bonus of 25%, at least, from what I saw. That makes me suspicious that any randomness in Avadon is on the spell end, rather than the % end.

I've seen the Battle Frenzy effect from Haste have a duration of anything from 1 to 5 rounds at the time of casting. It can even be different for different characters in the same party after a single casting.