A:EftP - Blades

Is it just me or are Frozen and Flaming blades quite useless on this game when compared to for example to A6? I have Venomous and Oozing blades as melee weapons on my fighters due those do better damage than Frozen or Flaming and also can cause damage to enemy on their next tun and alot enemies have good resistance to ice or fire.

At the end of the game, I had the sword that gives you +8 blademaster in one hand (can't remember the name), and was swapping between demonslayer (for fighting demons), the venomous blade (for fighting fire-resitant non-demon enemies), and the flaming balde for everybody else. The flaming blade gives you extra fire damage in addition to the normal physical damage, so it effectively gives you 3 hits instead of 2 (assuming dual wielding) for monsters that aren't immune to fire.

Yeah, I'm blanking on finding the actual stats, but I recall somebody saying that the extra fire damage makes the Flaming sword one of the best weapons in the game.

Edit: found it. It was Slarty;

Quote:
Equipment. Of note are two weapons that dramatically increase the amount of damage you can deal. Second best is the Spectral Falchion, which gives you +8 Blademaster. That's an extra 24% damage to BOTH weapon strikes! Best is the Flaming Sword. We are back to Exile style flaming weapons. The Flaming Sword gives you bonus fire damage for every damage die you attack with. What is spectacular about it is that it gives you bonus damage from BOTH swords, not just the one. Although the damage is low, most enemies have more armor than fire resistance, so the bonus is pretty spectacular. And the bonus damage is also affected by critical hits, by Blademaster, etc.