Question on storyline order.

Deis

I have not played through the Avernum games as of yet and find myself confused as to the order the games should be played. As far as I know the order is First Trilogy 1,2,3. Second Trilogy 4,5,6. The part that confuses me is Escape from the Pit. It is a remake of the first part in the series? The first part as in 1,2,3, or as in the entire first trilogy?

I apologize if this has been asked before.

Avernum: Escape from the Pit

is a remake of

Avernum 1

which was a remake of

Exile: Escape from the Pit

The Exile series, 1-3, came first and had subtitles. Then came the numbered Avernum remakes, plus three new games. Now the newer, subtitled Avernum remakes are coming out.

Actually, that brings up something I've been wondering about: Now that A:EftP is out on all platforms, what's next? Avadon 2, Avernum: Crystal Souls, or something completely different?

Welcome to Spiderweb, Deis. If you plan to stay, please deposit your sanity with the fluffy turtles as you disembark.

Quote:
What Are We Working On Now? -Now that our frenzy of development and marketing is finally dying down, we're going to catch up on some rest. Then we will start putting in serious time on our next all-new game. We don't want to spoil any secrets, but its name might rhyme with Shmavadon.