Would love to see more Avernum experts at Gaming.StackExchange

Sterno

I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with the Stack Exchange network. It started out as one website, Stack Overflow, which is a Q&A site for programmers. It works differently than a forum in that they try to be pretty strict about keeping the signal to noise ratio high... someone asks a question, people post answers, good answers get voted up, bad answers get voted down, and non-answers get deleted.

Anyway, the idea took off and now there are a bunch of other non-programming Q&A sites, such as Gaming.StackExchange. It's got a pretty decent sized user base and chances are that if you've ever googled a question about Skyrim, you've ended up there (if you didn't end up at UESP first).

Anyway, I'm bringing this up because I've asked some games about Spiderweb games there, such as Geneforge 2 and the latest Avernum. The problem is, none of the hardcore Spiderweb fans who play the games seem to be on that site. I usually end up self-answering my questions once I figure it out or get the answer on the forums here.

Why am I bringing this up? Well, first off, I think it's a cool site. In addition to being a good place to get answers about games, they've also been running a lot of contests with free giveaways lately. Since February, I've gotten a free copy of Kingdoms of Amalur, a free copy of Mass Effect 3, a PS Vita, and a 42" television. And all it required was asking and answering questions about games I play.

I'm actually not trying to advertise their site here, though. I'm trying to do the opposite. It makes me a little sad to see awesome games like Avadon and Avernum hit, and they don't really make a wave on the site. I think getting a few more people there who ask and answer questions about it would be a great advertising opportunity for Spiderweb games and maybe draw a few more fans in. And Spiderweb games are full of good Q&A opportunities.

Anyway, I'm not affiliated with the site or anything like that. I just think it's a cool place and would love to see some more Avernum and Geneforge questions there. I've actually got two on there right now waiting for answers.