I cant even level in this game

Ive reached my pinnacle. Im lvl 10, which i barely managed to get to due to fighting enemies that are ridiculously lower lvl. I cannot fight the enemies in the honeycomb, i beat most of the shades/zombies of the undead lair, but cant go any further.

Here is the problem with this game-You really dont have a chance to relax and level up your characters. Its just-get 1 lvl, go over here, get another lvl, go over here. There is way too much moving around in this game, even more so than some in the past. Id like to say i gave this game a chance but id much rather play something like avadon where i can enjoy the experience and not be so on edge.

Avadon was basically a level a zone. Avernum and Geneforge require moving around quite a bit to get enough experience for a level. The second Avernum trilogy and last 3 Geneforge games are fairly linear in telling you where to go to fight stuff at your level.

Jeff did put in lots of quests that hint at where to go to get the next area at your level. I know you can get through the Sliths at your level on normal difficulty by using fighters as meat shields and having mages and priests doing the attacks from a distance. It isn't fun, but it is possible.

If you want some fun, buy a boat and go to the Great Cave. You still won't be able to fight everything, but you will get some quests that will get you a few levels. Then you can return to fight things that you can't now.

But thats not the only problem though. I started off leveling fast, now i barely gain any experience at all. I understand your concept but the whole cant hit anything really wore off after the first quarter of the game. I like in avadon and the geneforge 3-5 how you dont have to go here before you do this.

dying is ok. it's an integral part of the experience. this is a smart game. it makes you appreciate, like most great pc games do that it makes no sense to implement hardcore play balance (i.e. avoiding that situation of being unable to avoid death and utter failiure in a first couple of attempted playthroughs despite using common sense) in a game that enables you to reload.

take it as an adventure game. "a quest for quests". branch out, meet people, make ends meet. you'll be over the hump and around lvl15-16 i think.

almost any party build is able to get through this adventuring middle part and sliths will become easy all of a sudden as you get some nice rewards, some important spells and even buy some cheap skill points.

after that, the difficulty level really comes into play and it should be a breeze on normal and on torment... it will be torment if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

'hard' is a very nice difficulty level that corresponds with the innate toughness of a game that wants you to die and die again.