At what resolution do you play Avernum?

I'm curious about some topics that have appeared recently regarding the difficulty of playing Avernum at high resolutions, so I thought I could ask those of you players on this forum some questions about your resolution settings while playing Avernum to make a general guess-estimate of what size starts causing visibility problems for players.

Specifically:

1. What resolution do you play Avernum at?

2. Do you have visibility problems while playing Avernum? If so, what are they (Can you read text, see characters, are you color-blind, any color-blind contrast issues to report, ect...)?

3. What is your native screen resolution, if you know?

4. Do you play Avernum at your monitor's native screen resolution? If no, does your monitor support running at exactly half of your native screen size?

5. From the platform you are playing Avernum on: Mac, PC, iPad... Can you change the resolution on your platform or is the resolution hard-coded?

1. 1920x1080 - game

2. No problems, I can more or less see everything that isn't obscured behind a wall/pillar/object.

3. 1920x1080 - native

4. Yes I'm running at native resolution, but no my monitor doesn't support half-resolution (960x540).

5. PC, and yes I can change the resolution.

Originally Posted By: Gabriel's Horn

Specifically:

1. What resolution do you play Avernum at?

2. Do you have visibility problems while playing Avernum? If so, what are they (Can you read text, see characters, are you color-blind, any color-blind contrast issues to report, ect...)?

3. What is your native screen resolution, if you know?

4. Do you play Avernum at your monitor's native screen resolution? If no, does your monitor support running at exactly half of your native screen size?

5. From the platform you are playing Avernum on: Mac, PC, iPad... Can you change the resolution on your platform or is the resolution hard-coded?

1. 1600x900

2. Yes, the graphics are so small at this resolution that I can barely make out what is on the ground. I'd have to guess that it would display better at something like 800x600 or maybe as high as 1024x768 but at the more HD resolutions it's terribly tough (even wearing mag glasses) trying to make out objects in the game. Not all, but a lot more that it should be. I really would like to see the characters with more details, as they are now they're little more than some pixels on the screen to me.

3. 1600x900

4. Being that my monitor is a laptop monitor, and my 2nd monitor is also at 1600x900 natively and both are the typical lcd displays, anything less than the native res and things become blurry, to the point that I won't use anything but the native resolution.

5. Playing on a PC. Obviously I can drop the resolution of my monitors, but see 4 above. And no, my monitors do not support exactly half of their native resolution which would be like 800x450

1. 1280x800

2. No visibility problems at the above resolution, at resolutions of 1920x1200 or higher tiles and texts get too tiny to decipher for me.

3. 2560x1600

4. Running exactly at half resolution. 1680x1050 would still give me a good sizing, but my monitors resampling algorithm is a lousy bilinear, and thus everything gets blurry.

5. PC, Steam Version. I get about 40 or so resolutions to choose at the start of the game.