Is this possible in AEftP?

Hi,

Just bought this game, liking it so far with one exception...

I'm having a nearly impossible time to tell when there is something on the ground or on a table that my characters can pick up.

Is there a hot key in the game that I can press that will put up tool tips on my screen showing what items are on the ground or on tables so that I don't have to continually open my inventory every time that I move my character 5 paces one way or another.

Thanks,

Originally Posted By: Kreador
Press U.

Unfortunately that only highlights things like containers and switches that you can interact with, not objects just lying around. It helps, but to make sure you don't miss stuff there isn't a solution other than opening your inventory every so often.

Bummer, I know I'm going to miss a huge amount of stuff as I get more and more tired of opening and closing my inventory.

I probably wouldn't care as much about it if it was the same hotkey to open and close the inventory, instead of having to click the checkmark or press the ESC key.

I use the Q key to open it and well... expected that the Q key would close it too.

Oh well...

Thank you for the information about the U key, and my question, at least I won't feel like I'm going out of my mind trying to find a hotkey to highlight stuff on the ground.

Originally Posted By: Weston

I probably wouldn't care as much about it if it was the same hotkey to open and close the inventory, instead of having to click the checkmark or press the ESC key.

This. Very annoying. Also, does the whole inventory really need to appear when there aren't any items to pick up?