I have a couple questions about AIMHack...

Seasons of Destiny

Okay. I've heard about AIMHack and its campaigns (I've also read a few), and I might be interested to join one when the opportunity arises.

The thing is, I have a few questions...

First off, is there any specific version or something of AIM to use, or is it all universal?

Secondly, is one username required or are multiple needed (for your characters).

Thricely, I was wondering what time they usually take place (school on weekdays is most inconvienent).

I'd appreciate it if these were answered (I don't know why, but AIMHack looks fun grin ).

Originally Posted By: Seasons of Destiny
Okay. I've heard about AIMHack and its campaigns (I've also read a few), and I might be interested to join one when the opportunity arises.
The thing is, I have a few questions...

First off, is there any specific version or something of AIM to use, or is it all universal?

I prefer to use Pidgin, but the latest version of any AIM client that supports chatrooms will work fine.

Quote:
Secondly, is one username required or are multiple needed (for your characters).

It's fine to just have one username. Some players like to change their alias to their character's name during play, but it's not enforced.

Quote:
Thricely, I was wondering what time they usually take place (school on weekdays is most inconvienent).

Usually in the evening in US time zones. The day of the week depends on the schedules of individual players: we use online calendars to sort out scheduling issues.

Incidentally, there's a metathread for general discussion of AIMhack. While it's mostly being used to talk about the theory and practice of game design, it's fine to ask questions like yours in it too.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: Seasons of Destiny

It's fine to just have one username. Some players like to change their alias to their character's name during play, but it's not enforced.

That said, having a secondary account on hand can be nice if AIM gets glitchy (as a few AIMHackers can attest to).