Help on "THE BIG/GREAT SECRET"

This is pretty old, but I need some help. I've been following Matt P's Walkthrough and I didnt pay much attention the the secret. Ever pillar I saw, I touched it to get a gem, a rod, or whatever. Now that I reached Spirt's City, I want to get into the temple. I tried following the other posts because I didn't find the walkthrough helpful but all my attemps failed. Is it because I've already touched every pillar on every map in no order? I would like someone just to tell me exactly which pillars to touch and where to find them. Thx.

Originally Posted By: Andras4EvEr
exactly which pillars? Theres like 20 in each map.
You want the ones that give you the option to touch the pillar. You also want to touch each pillar only once, and in the order Triumph mentioned; otherwise, you'll receive a shock and have to start the sequence over again.

In each of the zones I mentioned, there is only one pillar that matters. Once you touch that pillar, you go on to the next zone and touch the pillar there. If you take the zones out of order (say, you touch the pillar Drayk's Vale, and then in Western Wastes), you'll get a notice about a stinging feeling, the clue that you went out of order and must start over.

As have been mentioned, some of those zones have additional pillars. They are irrelevant. Neither touching them nor not touching has any effect on this sequence.

I hope that makes sense and helps.

Originally Posted By: Andras4EvEr
Lets say on Dry Wastes or something, I touch a pillar without an option then touch the right one. Can I go to the next map, or do I have to touch that only one?

The only pillars that matter are the ones that sting you if touch them in the wrong order. The other pillars are there for decoration (except for the occasional item), so you can ignore them or do whatever you want with them.

Dikiyoba.

If you're touching the correct pillar in each zone, I'm pretty sure you just get some text about it's an old pillar with marks on it and nothing happens when you touch it. You don't need an "option" to do anything, just touch each pillar. The only time something happens is the stinging feeling that means you went out of order.

Oh, I had the wrong name for that zone, it's Valley of the Wind. That's the last pillar in the sequence, just south of Spirit City zone.

Also, in Drayk's Vale...have you explored it fully? I remember that in some zones the pillar was kind tucked away off on the side somewhere; not impossible to find, but require a little poking around.

SPOILERS. Ok. I found the pillar in the Vale. It's in the shaded part of the mini map at the bottom. I'll post the pillar locations for all maps for people who want to know(but you have to complete the map first). When you enter a map, just scan over the map and the pillar is usually on the pat of the floor with white tiles. In Ancient Crypts, its in the peninsula-type, dead end part of the cold area where all the shades are at. In Diarazad, its at the far Southwest-ish. On the very left of the mini map, you'll see two shaded parts next to each other. It's the top one. (Its very small to see though). In The Junkyard, its at the very right of the map and its shaded. In Dry Wastes, its at the very left of the mini map and it looks like a shaded "t". In the Western Wastes, its at the very bottom left of the mini map thst looks like a shaded "t". In the Valley of The Wind, its at the very top left corner of the mini map. It is shaded, once again. The last pillar is right inside the temple in the Spirit City. Toch the bare spot and it will tell you that you have a sensation to enter deep into the temple (something along those lines).